Home About Us Physicians and Staff Eye Services Optical Shop Patient Info Contact
About Us
Introduction
Steven R. Brusie, M.D. (General, Cataract Surgery)
Gisela Velez, M.D., M.P.H. (Retina, Uveitis)
Paul L. Gunderson, M.D. (General Ophthalmology)
Lawrence I. Rand, M.D. (Retina)
Wayne A. Tilson, Optician
Medical Staff
Office Staff
Joseph A. Myers, C.P.
Eye Exams
Refraction
Visual Field Test
Ultrasound
Flourescein Angiogram
About Optical Shop
Shop for Eyewear
Office Hours/Appointments
Insurance and Fees
Forms
EMERGENCIES
How To Apply Eye Drops
Helpful Links
Contact Us
Driving Directions
Surgical Procedures
spacer

Insurance and Fees

Exam Fees
In general, fees charged by this office are comparable to those charged by other ophthalmologists in the area. Since there is not a routine combination of tests which apply to all patients, it is difficult to outline all the costs that might be involved in advance of the appointment. However, since we recognize the need for definite understanding between the patient and doctor regarding financial arrangements for medical and surgical care, we invite you and your family to discuss fees and methods of payment with the secretaries or your doctor.

Insurance
Our office participates in more than 80 managed care plans. These include AETNA, Cigna, Fallon Select, BlueCare 65, HMO Blue, Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare, Medicare, Tricare, Tufts, United Healthcare, and many more. The Vision Plan we accept is Eye Med Vision Plan. Please ask our secretaries about your plan if it is not in this partial listing.

Co-payments: All co-payments are collected on the day of your visit.

Method of payment: American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa, Check or Cash.


Surgery: The insurance forms for all surgical procedures are completed and filed for you by our insurance secretaries. Medicare, HMOs, Blue Shield, Champus, and State Commission for the Blind: We will bill these agencies directly for all covered services. We participate in the Medicare Program and accept the fees determined by the federal and state governments. Medicare will cover 80% of the allowable charges for most procedures; patients are responsible for the remaining 20%. Medex or other secondary insurance usually covers most of the 20% balance on surgery.


Nashoba Valley Medical Office Building  190 Groton Road, Suite 240,  Ayer, MA  01432
978.772.4000